Tam O'Shanter - in the Area
Tam O'Shanter is on the north coast of Tasmania, between the towns of George Town and Bridport, flanked by the holiday villages of Weymouth and Lulworth. It is 10km North of Pipers River and the Tamar Valley wine route (“One of the Top 10 Wine Routes in the world”, Essential Travel magazine (UK), June 2011.)
- Lulworth (by road, 2km W), holiday village, about 50 houses
- Weymouth (4km E), holiday village, about 80 houses, boat ramp
- Pipers River (10km S), shop and service station, Bay of Fires Vineyard
- Pipers Brook, (14km SE), Pipers Brook, Jansz, Delamere, Dalrymple and Sinapius Vineyards
- Curries River Dam (18km SW), Picnic sites, trout fishing, boating.
- George Town and Low Head (35km-40 W), population 6000, regional town with shopping, boating, sporting facilities.
- Bridport (44km E), world ranked Barnbougle and Lost Farm golf courses
- Launceston (65km S via East Tamar Highway, 45mins) - capital of northern Tasmania